I’ll be taking next week off of blogging and spending time ‘unplugged’ so to speak. Along with shuttering my laptop away, I am considering giving my iPhone to Chris and asking him to hide it from me. It feels so good to disconnect but I often find it difficult to get the ball rolling on it. I’ll do a bit of reading on the subject and post on it in 2011. I have a feeling I am not alone…
Things I’ll be discussing and working on in 2011:
- as noted above: using the internet for good, not evil
- why we fail at New Year’s resolutions
- personal grooming: why I am going maximilist instead of minimalist for 2011
- saying goodbye to bad relationships
- the last bastion of clutter in my home: my husband’s office
- car-free update: surprising and awesome gift from family
- minimalism for the masses: why you need to start claiming the M word as your own even if you own more than 100 things
I will leave you with the funniest opener from a blog post I’ve read in a long time.
Being a single minimalist at Christmas sounds rather barren and lonely. Like I’m sitting on my camping mattress staring at just a single Christmas light while I hum along to a Christmas carol playing on my iPhone. Maybe a small tree branch is taped to the wall and under it I’ve wrapped up a useful item like toothpaste as a gift from me to me.
Have a great holiday season and see you in 2011,