My one year blog anniversary is coming up in September and, wow, I’ve written a lot of posts here in the last ten months. It was fun to look back on some of my favourites. Even the ones with the troll-y comments.
- Your most beautiful post. I still smile thinking about this day and the next life for my wedding dress.
- Your most popular post. In January I moved over to a self-hosted site off of WordPress so my reader numbers are incomplete. Since the move the most popular post is also probably one of the more helpful ones: a minimalist guide to baby essentials.
- Your most controversial post. A commenter posted that my efforts to lead a minimalist life were minimalizing my career and ability to earn a living. This was my response. The comments got quite heated.
- Your most helpful post. What to do when your spouse/partner/roomate isn’t a minimalist. I think everyone comes up against this at some point so I was happy to share my ideas for negotiating and working around your clutter junkies.
- A post whose success surprised you: Who knew hanging laundry to dry would bring so many awesome comments. I’m still using tips I was given on this post and my drying time has vastly improved. Thank you.
- A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved. I know, I know, you’re tired of hearing about me ditching the iPhone. But I’m not! Promise that was the last post on smart phones this year.
- The post that you are most proud of. This pretty much sums up why I’m so passionate about moderate minimalism and spreading the word through this blog. I was overwhelmed with the positive response in the comments section.
Who’s next? I’m tagging the following bloggers to complete the My 7 Links questionnaire/blog post. I’ve chosen bloggers not necessarily in the minimalist niche but ones that I really want to read their list of seven posts.
Michelle from The Urban Haus Frau *Michelle just took her site down. Sad! But she is onto interesting new things so very happy for her.
Alexis from Wave the Stick
Jenny from ExConsumer
Marilyn from A Lot of Loves
My twin! Katy
Like what you read here at The Minimalist Mom? Sign up by RSS or Email to get posts delivered to you. You can also find The Minimalist Mom on Facebook (I’ve deleted my personal account but have a page for this blog). Comments are always read, appreciated and responded to – even if we don’t agree on the subject at hand.